1. Is your school accredited?
We are fully accredited by ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and are a member of FCAPPS (Florida Christian Association of Private and Parochial Schools).
2. What are your school hours?
Currently, our school hours are as follows:
K3 & VPK 8:00am- 11:10am and 12:20pm- 3:30pm
K5-8th 7:45am- 2:45pm
9th-12th 8:00am- 3:10pm
Next year we plan for our school hours to be as follows:
K3 & VPK 8:00am- 11:10am and 12:00pm- 3:10pm
K5 8:00am- 3:00pm
1st- 8th 7:45am- 2:45pm
9th-12th 8:00am- 3:10pm
3. Do you offer VPK?
Yes, we offer a VPK program. Click HERE to visit Polk County's VPK website for further information.
4. How much does it cost to attend Oasis?
While our educational program is unique, our tuition rates are competitive with other area schools. Please visit our Tuition page for our tuition costs BEFORE any potential scholarships and/or discounts have been applied.
5. Does OCA have a dress code?
Yes; while our dress code does not require uniforms, it does emphasize uniformity. Please visit our Dress Code page to view our dress codes for Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School.
6. What does tuition include?
Our tuition includes the cost of a basic education here at OCA. Our enrichment fee covers a yearbook for each student, field trips, a field trip shirt, and technology maintenance, and the Books & Materials Fee covers textbooks, workbooks, and other classroom materials needed for our students’ education. Please visit our Tuition page for more information.
7. What sports options do you offer?
We offer cross-country, volleyball, football, basketball, cheerleading, soccer, softball, baseball, & track & field.
8. At what age can my child participate in sports?
For cross country, competitive athletic opportunities begin in 3rd grade, for track & field competitive athletic opportunities begin in 5th grade, and for all other sports competitive athletic opportunities begin in 6th grade.
9. Is there financial aid/ or scholarships available?
We accept the following scholarships at OCA: stepupforstudents.org (including, FTC, Gardiner, and Hope), and the McKay scholarship. In addition, we have limited funds available through the FACTS financial aid program.
10. Do you have any special programs for my child's grade level?
We have programs multiple times a year for all grade levels beginning with Pre-K and continuing through 12th grade, including graduation programs for K-5 and 12th grades. Please visit our Activities page for specific dates.
11. What are the class sizes at OCA?
The maximum number of students in our VPK class is 8, and in all other classes is 20. Most classes range from 13-18 students.
12. Are there special needs classes?
We are equipped to offer services to children with certain mild learning challenges. IEP or 504 Plans will need to be reviewed by the administration in order to determine if we are equipped to meet the needs of your ESE child. It is our goal to understand and enrich the learning style of each student here at OCA.
13. Is the Bible integrated into your classroom?
Yes, every student at Oasis receives purposeful academic instruction based upon a distinctly Christ-centered worldview; accordingly, all educational material is filtered through the lens of Scripture, and then taught by a born- again, degreed educator responsible for maintaining a Christian atmosphere in the classroom.
14. Do you have extended care options?
Extended care options for 2019-2020 will be as follows:
- For students in K-3 through 12th grade, we have early care each morning beginning at 7:00 am.
- For students in K-3 through 8th grade, we have after-school care until 5:30 pm.
- There is no after-school care program available for 9th through 12th grade.
15. Do you have a hot lunch program?
In 2019-2020, we will offer a hot lunch for all grades beginning in 1st grade; K-3 through K-5 bring their lunch from home. The lunch program is voluntary.
16. What is your grading scale?
The grading scale at OCA is as follows:
17. Does OCA offer AP and Honors courses?
Yes, for the 2018-19 school year we offer Honors courses in English and science, with plans to expand the Advanced Placement program into our math, science, and history departments in the coming school years. We do offer a weighted GPA scale for Honors and College Level courses taken.
18. Is your school ethnically diverse?
Yes, our student population closely emulates the demographics of the 2010 Polk County census. We celebrate diversity at OCA.
19. How is technology utilized in the classroom?
The digital environment at OCA is both robust and secure. We employ Smart Boards and Apple TV's in our classrooms; our students have access to iPads, Kindle Fires, MacBook Pros, and Windows-based laptops that can be checked out to an entire classroom to enhance the learning environment. We also have Clear Touch device on both the King Rd and Berkley Rd campuses.
20. What electives do you offer?
We offer a variety of electives that vary each semester ranging from guitar to mythology to art to robotics.
21. Where are you located?
- Our Early Education is located at 92 High St, in Winter Haven. Click HERE for a map of the area.
- Our Elementary and Middle School are located at 151 King Rd, in Winter Haven. Click HERE for a map of the area.
- Our High School is located at 581 Berkley Rd, in Auburndale. Click HERE for a map of the area.
22. Are you affiliated with a church or denomination?
OCA is an independent entity run by a School Board who seek to serve the Lord in their local community as they adhere to Bible-believing and our Eight Essentials doctrine. Pastoral references are required for all stakeholders. We currently serve families attending 43 local churches.
23. Is there required testing; what kind and for how long?
We do not administer the FCAT at Oasis Christian Academy, but we do believe in the value of outside testing in order to assess students' progress. We use IOWA Testing for K-2nd grade, and the ACT Aspire for 3rd grade- 10th grade each Spring covering approximately three days. 11th grade will take the ACT on campus each Spring as well.
- Click HERE for more information on IOWA Testing
- Click HERE for more information on the ACT Aspire testing